I love summer. I love having my children home with me. I love the freedom and playfulness we enjoy during the summer. And I think my children are giving me just the distraction I need right now.
We're settling nicely into our summer routine of workbooks, reading time and chores. I have such amazing and helpful children. I've set a few goals for myself to work on this summer, too. 1- Teach Maegan (6 yrs old) to ride her two-wheeler. 2- Help Kaleb (9 yrs) overcome his fear of being hit by the ball when he's up to bat. 3- Work with Kayson (7 yrs) to perfect his already amazing pitching arm. And 4- find a seriously yummy (ok, at this point we'd settle for just edible) milk-free sugar cookie recipe for McKenzi (11) and I to bake together.
Here's how things are going so far...
Maegan and I have had 2 sessions on the back patio with her bike that left mom completely exhausted and Mae rarin' for more. lol After criss-crossing the patio over and over and over again, she's finally realized that mom is not going to let go of her. I think she's gaining confidence. It's a start!
I'm not sure what to do to help Kaleb... still working on that one.
We bought a metal trash can for Kayson to practice pitching into. He loves the loud CLANG sound it makes when he nails a pitch. I paced off the distance for him and we love trying to "out-pitch" each other. I'll be the first to admit that he beats me every time! What fun!
McKenzi and I haven't given up hope on finding the perfect milk-free sugar cookie recipe. Our latest attempt last weekend was... well, let's just skip that part. lol We had fun trying, and that's the point anyway. What is it about sugar cookies that just seems to require milk? (FYI, McKenzi and Kayson are both allergic to milk.) So the quest continues. Though I am extremely challenged when it comes to baking/cooking, my assistant - aka McKenzi - is not! She loves to spend time creating in the kitchen and I love spending time with her. So even if it takes us years to figure this out, it will be time well spent.
I'm so grateful for each of my children and their unique and wonderful personalities. They each have so much to teach us. I'm glad for the extra time we have to spend together while school is out... playing, growing, learning, and having loads of fun!



1 comment:
you need a rolled sugar cookie recipe or drop cookie? I have a rolled recipe that is quite yummy (milka nd egg free)
lmk! :)
Post a Comment