Thursday, February 26, 2009

NEWS FLASH! It does NOT upset me to talk about my angel!



I just wanted to clear that up.

I could talk about Makelle all day and still have more to say. She's my daughter for goodness sake! What parent doesn't love to talk about their kids?!

What does upset me is when people act like she never existed. Especially when those people are my own family....

I'd better stop there before I say something I'll regret. I foresee a huge vent next week though.

On the flip side, a few very thoughtful people have mentioned Makelle to me this past week, and I wanted to thank each one of them. Today I even got flowers from a "mystery friend" and that just made my day. Thank you, whoever you are!!

My daughter was and is real. I held her perfect little body and I kissed her soft cheeks before I said good-bye to her. I look forward to the day when I can hold her again and have the opportunity to get to know her.

Until then, please let me share my memories of her with you. I know it might be uncomfortable for some of you. But if you are truly my friend, you'll look past that discomfort and let me talk about my baby.

I probably won't cry.

But if I do, I promise they will be tears of joy in knowing that you care.

5 comments:

The Life Of Patrick and Hil said...

Oh, Misti! I'm sorry. I have no idea what you are going through or did go through. I can't even imagine. Quite honestly, I don't ever want to. But I pray for those people who don't understand. And know you have a lot of support on your side.

Megan said...

You know you can talk to me any time about her, right??!! Yeah, I knew you knew you could. Her angel day is around the corner, huh?! ((hugs)) to you. Just think, though, she was with your new baby girl and probably sent her off to come here to earth. How sweet is that.....

Can't wait to see ya next week.....

brandii said...

Oh Misti! You know we won't forget your perfect child. (((hugs)) as her angel day approaches.

Anonymous said...

YES...she IS your daughter and you have the right to talk about her. People MUST talk about her

Lori Harper said...

Happy Birthday to our sweet little angel baby! She is celebrating in heaven tonight!