Friday, January 23, 2009

A Huge Leap of Faith

Who would have thought that buying diapers would be taking a leap of faith? Well, for me it most definitely was!

But being the bargain shopper that I am, I couldn't pass up the deal Albertson's had a couple of weeks ago. Three jumbo size packs of Pampers for less than $5 (plus tax)!! Not $5 each... that's $5 total! Let's just say I stocked up in a BIG way. I really hope I didn't jinx myself.

I've bought a few outfits for this baby too. I keep finding such good clearance deals! But each time I buy something, I tell myself it's for someone else. They're baby shower gifts. It's always good to keep a few on hand. Right?!

Honestly, I am feeling a little more hopeful each day. April is only 3 months away and I'm starting to feel like we might just make it this time! It definitely feels good to be past the point we lost Makelle, and now past when Maegan was born. But there is always that lingering fear.

We had a good doctor's appointment yesterday. I'm a little bummed because I have to start seeing a new OB. My OB has been just wonderful through both my pregnancy and loss of Makelle, and now this pregnancy. She has given me all the extra TLC I needed and I'm going to miss seeing her at my appointments. Unfortunately, she was put on bed rest last week so I had to switch. (I'm praying every day for her twins to stay put a few weeks more!) My new doctor seems very nice though, so hopefully it will all work out.

I have to say, I never get tired of seeing this little one on an ultrasound. She is such a cute little character already! Yesterday, she had her foot up by her face and she kept opening her mouth like she just wanted so badly to eat those little toes. What a cutie! We didn't get a picture of it, but we did catch it on video. Here's a cute profile picture of our little princess though.



I'm actually feeling a bit excited about this baby today. Keep the prayers coming!

8 comments:

Megan said...

Good job stocking up on those diapers! I didn't realize they were so cheap! I am not buying any right now, so I didn't pay attention to that sale! I am glad you bought some outfits for her! I was in WM tonight and I had to buy some night-time pull-ups for Addie, so I took a stroll through the baby clothes and am excited to buy something for your baby girl! I know what you mean about being scared to buy things! It is understandable, to say the least! It is going to be ok this time. :) Hang in there. Your due date is right around the corner....

Mandi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valerie C. said...

This is weird but I saw your blog on Pinching your Pennies. I had a 21 weeker in March 2008 also. And now I am 24 weeks pregnant and I know how you feel. It is almost hard to talk about the baby too much or feel too excited. It sounds like things are going great for you! Good luck and know that you are feeling normal feelings (at least the 2 of us feel the same, maybe not normal!)

Lisa said...

Misti,
I don't know if you even remember but I came to your coupon class before Christmas in Ogden and wanted to chat with you after, but you were swamped with people and my carpool had to go, but you also used to be my cute boss at Moore and you also came to my wedding! I had no idea about Makelle! WHat a beautiful blog you have and your family is just beautiful! I am so excited about your new edition that is on the way and I will keep you in my prayers! I just want you to know that so many years have passed and I think of you often and I love you!

The Shawcrofts said...

Yay Misti! I'm so happy for you! That is a huge step for you and I'm glad you did it. She has the prettiest profile, she is going to be such a beautiful baby. Keep the faith!

Lori Harper said...

Misti, she is just beautiful! You are in my prayers, as always, for a healthy pregnancy and baby girl.

The Life Of Patrick and Hil said...

Misti,
she is beautiful! I'm so grateful to have been a part of your pregnancy. You are brave! ....and what a great deal on the diapers!! I'll see you soon!

Jenn said...

I saw your blog on pinching your pennies and had the urge to check it out. I think women like you are amazing to go through something like you have and to keep going. I can't even imagine going through that! I had some scary ultrasounds with my baby but thankfully she turned out okay. Good luck with your little one, she's a cutie!